Anyone who knows me knows that I am absolutely obsessed with fall!
One of my favorite quotes from one of my favorite stories 🙂 When the weather turns cooler and the leaves begin to change, I go into crazy pumpkin mode and my husband
has gets to eat all of my pumpkin creations. Well this year I found this recipe for pumpkin pie sheet cake, and now it’s my new favorite dessert!! So creamy and delicious!
1 yellow cake mix
1/2 cup butter, melted
29 ounces canned pumpkin
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon ginger
1/2 teaspoon cloves
2 12 ounce cans evaporated milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix together the dry cake mix, melted butter, and egg until well combined.
2. Spray a jelly roll pan with cooking spray and press the mixture evenly into the pan.
3. In a mixing bowl combine the sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves.
4. Add the eggs and beat the mixture until frothy.
5. Add the pumpkin and mix until combined.
6. Pour in the canned milk and mix until combined.
7. CAREFULLY pour the filling over the crust. Caution!!! Your pan will be really, REALLY full. Be careful transporting your cake to the oven. Before you pour, set your pan right next to the oven so you don’t have far to go. Maybe even put the cake in the oven, and then pour in the filling. You’ve been warned! 😛
8. Now the original recipe says to bake for an hour, but after an hour my cake was still REALLY goopy. So I baked another 15 minutes, checked it, and baked another 15 minutes. After an hour and a half total baking time, the cake was firm in the middle and finally done. My advice: start with an hour but add additional time as needed until a knife inserted into the middle comes out clean.
9. Allow cake to cool, and then cut into squares and serve with whipped cream.